Wynn Resorts is set apart as a world-class destination through its commitment to making every guest visit a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It holds more Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Awards than any other independent hotel company in the world, offering award-winning restaurants, exciting entertainment and nightlife, spas, salons and luxury shopping.
Using their decades of tourism marketing experience, the Version2 team implemented a multi-channel media campaign using TV Everywhere, Performance Display, and Social Display to generate buzz around Wynn Resorts and drive bookings through targeting Wynn Resorts’ primary and secondary feeder markets.
- TV Everywhere is a combination of Online Video and Over-The-Top (OTT) and Connected TV (CTV). Online Video displays ads either inside online video content—pre-roll (before), mid-roll (during) or post-roll (after) a video stream—or as standalone ads. CTV advertising allows brands to reach their audience on smart TVs. OTT provides television and film content over the internet at the request and to suit the requirements of the individual consumer.
- Performance Display mitigates wasted ad spend common with traditional advertising tactics due to human lag-time and error. It utilizes millions of data points in real time to reach someone at the right time and place across devices including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Social Display advertising is the distribution of social media posts outside the walled gardens of social media platforms, often using existing media buying infrastructure. It creates the look and feel of the social environment across the open web. Typical click and engagement performance is 3x greater than traditional display.
Version2 and the Wynn Resorts team established a critical path to ensure cohesive and efficient communication throughout the duration of the campaign.
- ORION Unified Analytics provided for real time campaign performance, along with additional insights sent over weekly
- Ongoing audience & targeting optimizations made by dedicated Version2 Ad Operations team
- ORION Audience Insights provided conversion and return on ad spend lift performance by Geography, Gender, Content Affinity, Age, Time of Day, Day of Week, Past Purchases, Income, Ad Size, and Top Customer listings
Programmatic advertising provides detailed and previously inaccessible insights into the way individuals respond to messaging. Through Version2, Wynn Resorts discovered nuances within their target audiences that they could not through traditional media buys:
- Domestic Pickup Truck Owners accounted for one of the most engaged demographics of the entire campaign
- Those who spend more than $2,000 on annually on travel and entertainment with their credit cards were more likely to convert
- People who purchase non-dairy milk were far more likely to interact with creative than those who do
- Consumer electronics shoppers saw the highest click-through-rate lift
Wynn Resorts needed to reinvent their marketing strategy to drive new hotel guests to its premiere luxury destination. Version2 designed and executed an innovative media plan that significantly surpassed the benchmarks of Wynn Resorts by reaching households in primary and secondary feeder markets to generate buzz and excitement.
Version2’s efforts not only increased visibility, traffic, and revenue for Wynn Resorts, but also drove ancillary casino and F&B revenue. Version2’s intuitive approach exceeded client expectations, beating out two other DSPs that were being managed internally. Targeting efforts to find net new customers drove 321 bookings and $379,000 in revenue with a 12:1 ROAS over four months, exceeding the campaign benchmark of a 4:1 ROAS.